Tuesday 14 January 2014

Blogged - a Christmas finish (well sort of)

A finish! Whoop!

My sew-jo is severely lacking at the minute. Don't get me wrong I'm still thinking about sewing things and lusting after fabric online but the thought of sitting in front of my machine and sewing, well, just isn't appealing.

I had a move around of my sewing room a wee while ago and the space doesn't feel "right" somehow. Maybe I need to shift it all about again.

Anyhoo on to the finish :-) a lovely lap sized quilt for my mum and dad. Technically this was mostly finished and gifted at Christmas. All that needed doing was the binding sewn down on the back. Had I pulled my finger out it could have been done in 2013 but *meh*.  So queue a visit from the folks and their imminent departure this afternoon and lo and behold, I finished sewing the binding down last night and joined the ends this morning! Last minute, moi??!!

Quilt stats:
Made using an in from the cold layer cake and some kona snow, with kona holly for the binding.
Finished size approx 60 inches sq
Backed with good old Ikea britten numbers.

6 comments:

  1. I really need to get my crafty/spare room organised but just can't face it yet! Lovely quilt hoping to do much more crafting this yr, dust off that sewing machine, me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of half did mine in October but it still needs work! Deffo dust off the sewing machine :-)

      Delete
  2. It is really beautiful Claire! I really like your border too, great idea! Congrats on such a stunning finish! Hope you get your sew-jo back soon, sounds like a room-shuffle might be the key.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely quilt! And I'm jealous you have some of that ikea print there isn't one down my way!

    I hate sorting out the sewing space just tend to rough tidy and stack into piles to look more appealing- organised chaos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may or may not have *ahem* 15m stashed away!!

      Delete
  4. That's a gorgeous quilt . Hope you didn't give the little cute dog away too! ;)

    ReplyDelete