Tuesday 20 May 2014

An actual finish!

So I actually finished something today!

It's a giant 24 inch cushion that I started and very nearly finished last summer.

A couple of "design issues" have seen it languish in my WIP pile ever since. I thought I would get it finished as part of the Q1 FAL but I didn't. I'm ashamed to say I didn't even attempt to! I have made progress on the other items on my list but that's another post for another day.

Today I machine sewed down the remaining quarter of the binding and hand sewed the binding to the back. I'd already made a giant insert so it was a relatively easy and quick finish.


Pattern from simply solids
Fabric from simply solids & pink castle fabrics
Finished size, 24 inches square


  1. Ohhh that's lovely and aren't u good with a patchy back lol mine are always plain. Gorgeous

  2. It's fab, love the colours!

  3. Great idea with the back and LOVE your stars! Well done Claire, such a satisfying feeling to have things out of the WIP pile!

  4. Just thought I would stop by for another nosey, this is a fabulous finish Claire and I spy Sweetwater fabric in the background too .. my fave!