Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Stitch Gathering - The Goodie Bag

I thought the goodie bag deserved a post in its own right as it was so fantastic and another post shall follow about the day itself.
It was presented in an amazing liberty bag of the softest, finest cord fabric and I absolutely love the colours of the bag I was given, it would make a lovely skirt!
It was absolutely stuffed full of treats including:
- a bundle (7, I just counted!) of fat quarters from Robert Kaufman
- some Aurifil thread (I can't wait to try this out as everyone raves about it)
- the bag and a piece of lawn fabric from Liberty (again I lucked out on the colour of this one and already have an idea of what to do with it!)
- a frixion pen from Pilot
- some fabby wheat free biscuits from Nairns which Mr P has already snaffled and assures me were most delicious. Thanks for that!
- some buttons and thread from The Button Company
- a rainbow scrap pack of more Liberty fabrics from Very Berry Fabrics (totally in love with these)
- some hexagon paper pieces and fabric from Webfabrics.net
- 10 1000m spools of frister & rossman thread from Sewing Machines Direct
And lastly but not least of all:
- 2 fat quarters of fabric, 2 skeins of embroidery thread, a packet of Milward needles, a spool of coats hand quilting thread, a cute zip broach, a thread and yarn cutter, a Coats Crafts UK shopper tote, a bottle of water, a cuddly toy....... No not really but everything except the cuddly toy!
I cannot thank the sponsors (who also included Beechwood Quilting, Coats, Groves & Banks and Avery Homestore) enough for their generosity and of course major kudos to Jo and the rest of the Stitch Gathering team for organising and hosting such a wonderful event.
I could go on and on and gush some more but shall leave that for my next blog post where l'll try to do my best to summarise the actual day itself.

11 comments:

  1. I think this was the goodie bag to end all goodie bags !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To say I was blown away by it would be something of an understatement!

      Delete
  2. I am still amazed at all the goodness given to us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't really twigged how awesome it was til I was home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a good look on Sunday but still can't believe how good it is! Awesome sauce!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic Claire - thank you! I have just posted a goody bag giveaway along with a linky think for all the posts about the retreat - can you add yours please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up Jo. Linky added. Well done again on such a great day xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you enjoyed your day :o) I giggled at the skirt comment - I have some Liberty pincord specifically to make a skirt, but I've been too afraid to cut into it before I've found the perfect pattern ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I was thinking slightly a line but on reflection, fabric of that loveliness deserves to be made into a swooshy, floaty skirt that you can prance about in and feel like a big girl ;-)

      Delete
  6. i like your bag.Increasing the fabric design of your bag is good.To get more design in weaveron textile click on this link....:https://www.weaveron.com

    ReplyDelete