Wednesday 14 August 2013

Work in Progress Wednesday

So all weekend my bundle of Rock n Romance was taunting me from my studio. I just couldn't stop thinking about the lovely prints and knew it was time to do something with it.

I've had it for a while now and from time to time I take it off the shelf pat it, look at it, wonder what the hell I'm going to do with it then put it back on the shelf. (I probably should point out that I'd originally bought this for a BOM but couldnt bring myself to use it for that purpose) (I should also point out that I bought the whole line so still have around 12 fq's left)

I needed a pattern that was going to be big enough to show off the prints. Cutting them up into tiny bits wasn't going to do it for me and I was starting to wonder if inspiration would ever hit. Then last week whilst checking Twitter, someone mentioned this tutorial and I knew instantly that it would be perfect and very importantly, quick.

On Monday I cut out all the squares and halved those that needed to be. This took less than 2 hrs. I got a bit sidetracked yesterday meeting a friend for lunch so no progress was made.  Today I've sewn all the hst's together, ironed and trimmed them and joined them together into rows. I've sewn 3 rows together but was rushing so have to unpick and redo one of them as well as add the final one on. This can wait til tomorrow now.

I got batting today and have ordered the binding fabric and the backing is going to be good old Ikea numbers text print.  Hopefully I'll have a finished top tomorrow and a finished quilt sometime next week!


  1. I love this more every time I see it!! Those prints are just perfect with that pattern.

  2. Thanks Lynz! It shows off the prints marvelously :-)

  3. This comment has been removed by the author.